My name is Royce.

Over a year ago I was robbed and hit in the head by a villain. The blow damaged my eyes and shifted a nerve causing one eye to turn inward. It almost killed me!

I was nearing the end of my hospital stay, running out of money and running out of options. It was a scary time.

The foundation for integrated housing took me in with no money, and I was still healing from my surgery. I could not work and had no income but they took me in anyway at their own expense, giving me food for free and shelter and treated me with honor and redirect. I was very grateful because the foundation is not all about money but about humanity and helping people when they are down!

I will forever be indebted to the foundation for helping me the one of the most difficult times in my life.

God bless



As a result of a family dispute that left me severely depressed, I ended up in a psych ward at Redlands Community hospital under the classification of 51/50. I was unable to go back home because I felt unsafe, and as a result, would have been homeless had it not been for the Foundation for Integrated Housing.

I met Lamont through the social worker at the hospital, about a week before my discharge. I was so scared because I’d never been through anything like the events that lead up to my hospital stay, but I felt better upon meeting and speaking with Lamont. His kind demeanor and his understanding helped calm my fears. It was easy to make the decision to come to live at one of the Foundation’s homes.

Because of my previous experiences, I was timid and scared the first few days here, but once I got to know the residents and the staff, I began to feel at home. Jason, our house manager has a very helpful, and attentive personality. Whatever I wanted, all I had to was ask and it was brought to me, and it made me feel like family. Jason’s sense of humor helped the transition easier because sometimes we (the residents) would be outside talking and laughing for hours at a time.

Having had a roommate that I could talk to during the first few days really helped me a lot as well. She was raised in a similar environment to how I grew up, and our talks really helped me gain a different perspective on my own situation.

I’m happy living at the foundation, and I have had a lot of fun since I’ve been here. The feeling of intimacy and harmony with my new friends has really helped my healing process. I hope to be here for a while. I have to get my mental health back to a place where I can be an active life participant again. I’m planning to take a few college courses soon, and right now this is the best place I can think of to be.


M. Hernandez

Millie Hernandez

June 21, 2014

When I had to have an operation on my tongue. I was sure that the doctors knew how to help me in my medical condition. But the doctors messed up and I was not able to close my mouth comfortably anymore. I made a complaint to the hospital, and I was promised that they were going to fix it, and would I please stay Mt. Rubidoux Convalescent Home for two weeks while I recovered, and that’ll be the time the next space is open in the operating rooms. I agreed.

I ended up staying at Mt .Rubidoux for three months while waiting for the next operating space to be made available. I had the operation to correct the original mistake, and was sent to the same convalescent home. I caught pneumonia while I was healing from my surgery, but because my expenses were 100% covered by my insurance, I was very well taken care of. I transferred to a hospital to heal. I had my own nurse and I was supplied with a breathing machine for treatment. I was in the care of a hospital for two months and one week.

Though my care during my pneumonia bout was great, I just wanted to go home. I was then transferred back to Mt. Rubidoux Convalescent Center. Then one day, I was told that my insurance was no longer covering my care at Mt. Rubidoux, and that I would simply have to leave right away because I had no other source of income.

That very same day, I was in the passenger seat of a nurse’s car and they were looking for a place where I could be discharged. The first home wanted $1800 per month plus a security deposit, and I could not afford that on my modest income. So we kept driving.

By the time we arrived at The Foundation for Integrated Housing, I was so tired, I couldn’t think straight. But that was when I met Jason. I was so happy because though I had already decided to go to this house at discharge, I arrived two days early, and was still welcomed with open arms.

I’m very happy here because the people here are so nice, and caring. And Jason is just the best thing ever!! I really like the food here too - well, except that ONE time, but we’re not going to talk about that.

I’m grateful that this place was available when I needed it. I might have been out on the streets because most of the places I’d been told of were already filled. I’m happy that I’m treated like a human being here, and not like a number or an insurance policy.

I am happy here and plan to stay as long as I can.

Eva Alexander

Eva Alexander

My name is Jerome shaw coming from Mt. Rubidoux convalescent home.

I met Lamont when he came to interview me for a room and board. It is called the foundation for integrated housing. He was kind and explained $650 per month was a reduced amount that could be paid to help me avoid paying excessive hotel or apartment cost in the inland empire for housing.

His company has assisted me with transportation to buy my bike which I use daily to shop for the foundation residents and myself. The foundation has helped me with nurse visits and doctors appointments and overall it has been a helpful and positive experience.

I currently reside with the foundation and plan to stay with them because of the atmosphere of peace and harmony they strive to maintain.

J. Shaw

Jerome Shaw